Thursday 2 January 2014

Featured Poem for Jan 2014 - 'Cool Addiction' by Neal Zetter

'Cool Addiction'

My head is stuck inside this book
I only meant to take a look
Till I saw what had been written
Instantly my mind was smitten
In a land of fascination
Sparking my imagination
Passions burning like a flame
Pictures dancing in my brain

My head is stuck inside this book
Just one page was all it took
I was focused and engaged
Thrilled, enthralled and entertained
Title, cover - so inviting
Words speak to me - so exciting
Such adventure, such intrigue
In a world of make-believe

My head is stuck inside this book
Superglued, completely hooked
Unaware of all around me
Once this magic story found me
Characters feel like my friends
Plot unfolding till the end
Whether fact or whether fiction
Reading is a cool addiction.

© Neal Zetter 2013
Please do not use without the poet’s permission.

 

For further information about Neal and his work please visit Neal's page here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment